KS4 Physics: Trilogy
The resources available on this page will help to support you in your studies of the Physics discipline of the AQA Trilogy GCSE (8464).
The specification available is taken from the AQA website and is correct as of 05 January 2020.
The Physics discipline of the Trilogy Specification is examined across 2 papers, each being 1 hour 15 minutes (75 minutes) in length.
Exam papers are sat at either Foundation of Higher tier.
Within the specification, some items are identified as Higher only. These are points which will only appear on the Higher tier papers
Click the image of the specification to open a copy in a new window.
Paper 1 Content
The following topics can be assessed as a part of Paper 1.
3. Particle Model of Matter
4. Atomic Structure & Radiation
Paper 2 Content
The following topics can be assessed as a part of Paper 2.
7. Magnetism & Electromagnetism
The following topics are considered fundamental principles for the Physics discipline.
They may be examined on Paper 1 and / or Paper 2.
- Energy changes and transfers due to heating
- Energy changes and transfers due to mechanical work
- Energy changes and transfers due to electrical work
- Energy conservation
- The use of models
- The idea of cause and effect
- Action at a distance: the effect of a field
- That differences [e.g. in pressure] cause change
- The idea of proportionality
- Mathematical form